Price: 250 $
Credit: 14 PDH
In Basic Introduction to FEM Analysis using CivilFEM powered by Marc you’ll learn …
- Fundamentals of FEM analysis.
- Practical application of the Finite Element Method to static analysis.
- CivilFEM Powered by Marc
- Geometric Modeling
- Materials & Cross Sections.
- Meshing of beam and shell elements.
- Obtain a linear solution.
- Results & Postprocessing.
- Beam Analysis.
- Cantilever Plate.
- Bridge Truss.
- Analysis of a Frame.
This course gives students professional training in the Finite Element Method, focusing on civil engineering. The goal of this course is to give students a complete understanding of the Finite Element Method and to provide the necessary knowledge to use it, which can be applied directly in engineering and manufacturing companies, scientific research institutes and other advanced studies.
With this objective in mind, the course is completely structured as application and practical subjects where professional software currently on the market, such as CivilFEM Powered by Marc, is used.
This is the part one (basic) of the Introductory course. It is recommended to continue with part two (advanced).
- Base text: Specially created for the training program.
- Software: Students of this course will have access to the student version of the FEM software CivilFEM powered by Marc to perform the exercises proposed.
- Forums: Where the students have the chance to interact and consult with each other and the tutors.
Specific Knowledge or Skill Obtained
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- The basics of FEM Analysis.
- Modeling guidelines: An engineering judgment about the structure’s behavior is required before the modeling process begins. Some preliminary decisions must be taken before starting an analysis .
- CivilFEM Graphical User Interface: The GUI is used to communicate with CivilFEM interactively. The software workflow is explained.
- Material library: The material library includes many material models that represent most civil engineering materials including soils and rocks.
- Cross Section library: a complete list of beam cross sections is available for steel and concrete. Generic sections can be defined as well.
- How to apply loads on the model: Single point loads, moments, linear & surface pressures, spectra, etc. and all type of boundary conditions can be defined.
- Solution and Postprocessing: how to solve the analysis and obtain results.
Certificate of Completion
You will obtain a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 20 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.