Price: 250 $
Credit: 14 PDH
In Dynamic analysis using CivilFEM powered by Marc: Modal analysis, you’ll learn …
- Fundamentals of dynamic analysis.
- Practical application of the Finite Element Method to Dynamic analysis.
- CivilFEM powered by Marc GUI applied to dynamic analysis.
- Modal analysis: Natural frequencies and normal modes extraction using CivilFEM powered by Marc.
- Practical exercise: Complete guided exercise - FEM Modal Analysis of a Building using CivilFEM powered by Marc
What is modal analysis? A modal analysis is a technique used to determine a structure’s vibration characteristics: Natural frequencies, Mode shapes and Mode participation factors (how much a given mode participates in a given direction).
Modal analysis allows the design to avoid resonant vibrations or to vibrate at a specified frequency and gives engineers an idea of how the design will respond to different types of dynamic loads.
Modal analysis helps in calculating solution controls (time steps, etc.) for other dynamic analyses.
Modal analysis is the most fundamental of all the dynamic analysis types.
Students of this course will learn fundamentals of dynamic analysis, how to perform a modal analysis and how to obtain the natural frequencies and the normal modes of different structures using an advanced Finite Element Method software such as CivilFEM powered by Marc.
- Base text: Specially created for the training program.
- Software: Students of this course will have access to the student version of the FEM software CivilFEM powered by Marc to perform the exercises proposed.
- Forums: Where the students have the chance to interact and consult with each other and the tutors
Specific Knowledge or Skill Obtained
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Dynamic equation of motion: the basics of Dynamic Analysis by considering a Single Degree of Freedom (SDOF) problem.
- Introduction to a Finite Element Method software applied to dynamic analysis: CivilFEM powered by Marc.
- Modal analysis: Compute natural frequencies and normal modes of structures using CivilFEM powered by Marc.
- Pres-stressed Modal analysis: normal modes analysis of structures which have a static pre-load using CivilFEM powered by Marc.
Certificate of Completion
You will obtain a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 20 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.