Price: 250 $
Credit: 14 PDH
In Dynamic analysis using CivilFEM powered by Marc: Spectrum analysis, you’ll learn …
- Fundamentals of dynamic analysis.
- Practical application of the Finite Element Method to Dynamic analysis.
- CivilFEM powered by Marc GUI applied to dynamic analysis.
- Response Spectrum Analysis (RSA) using CivilFEM powered by Marc.
- Practical exercise: POR DETERMINAR using CivilFEM powered by Marc
What is Response Spectrum Analysis (RSA)?
A spectrum analysis is a technique to compute a structure’s response to transient excitations that contain many frequencies. Excitations could be from sources such as earthquakes, aircraft noise/ flight history, missile launches.
A spectrum is a representation of a load’s time history in the frequency domain. This is also referred to as response spectrum.
Spectrum analysis follows a modal analysis. RSA computes the maximum response of the structure to a given spectrum at each natural frequency. This maximum response is computed as scale factor*mode shape.
These maximum responses are then combined to give a total response of the structure.
Students of this course will learn fundamentals of dynamic analysis, how to perform a Response Spectrum Analysis of different structures using an advanced Finite Element Method software such as CivilFEM powered by Marc.
- Base text: Specially created for the training program.
- Software: Students of this course will have access to the student version of the FEM software CivilFEM powered by Marc to perform the exercises proposed.
- Forums: Where the students have the chance to interact and consult with each other and the tutors
Specific Knowledge or Skill Obtained
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Dynamic equation of motion: the basics of Dynamic Analysis by considering a Single Degree of Freedom (SDOF) problem.
- Introduction to a Finite Element Method software applied to dynamic analysis: CivilFEM powered by Marc.
- Response Spectrum Analysis of structures using CivilFEM powered by Marc.
Certificate of Completion
You will obtain a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 20 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.