Price: 250 $
Credit: 14 PDH
In Nonlinear analysis using CivilFEM powered by Marc: Contact nonlinearity, you’ll learn …
- Fundamentals of nonlinear analysis.
- Practical application of the Finite Element Method to Nonlinear analysis.
- CivilFEM powered by Marc GUI applied to nonlinear analysis.
- Contact nonlinearity: Contact nonlinearity problems using CivilFEM powered by Marc.
- Practical exercise: Complete guided exercise - FEM “Two Beams in Contact” & “Hertz Contact” using CivilFEM powered by Marc
What is contact nonlinear analysis? Is an analysis in which two parts of a structural model interacts between the contacting between some regions of both avoiding the penetration ( for example between the soil and the foundation in a building).
Students of this course will learn fundamentals of nonlinear analysis, numerical analysis of nonlinear problems how to perform a contact nonlinear analysis and how to obtain convergence in the solution of different structures using advanced Finite Element Method software such as CivilFEM powered by Marc.
- Base text: Specially created for the training program.
- Software: Students of this course will have access to the student version of the FEM software CivilFEM powered by Marc to perform the exercises proposed.
- Forums: Where the students have the chance to interact and consult with each other and the tutors.
Specific Knowledge or Skill Obtained
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Some basics in nonlinear analysis: The basics of Nonlinear Analysis.
- Numerical Analysis of Nonlinear Problems: Nonlinear problems require incremental solution schemes and solved with iterations to ensure that equilibrium is satisfied at the end of each step and some numerical methods are explained concerning this concept.
- Contact Nonlinearity: Contact nonlinearity occurs whenever two or more parts of an structural system contacts updating gradually the boundary conditions of the system by adding an additional stiffens in the new boundary that avoids the penetration and modifying the behavior of the system.
- Convergence Problems in a nonlinear problem mostly is not just about the convergence of the solution and it is an overall issue of model integrity and representation of reality and its achievement sometimes becomes a difficult objective. In these sections some important aspects that help in the procedure of obtaining the converged solution are stated using CivilFEM powered by Marc.
Certificate of Completion
You will obtain a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 20 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.