Price: 250 $
Credit: 14 PDH
In Dynamic analysis using CivilFEM powered by Marc: Harmonic analysis, you’ll learn …
- Fundamentals of dynamic analysis.
- Practical application of the Finite Element Method to Dynamic analysis.
- CivilFEM powered by Marc GUI applied to dynamic analysis.
- Harmonic / Frequency response analysis using CivilFEM powered by Marc.
- Practical exercise: POR DETERMINAR using CivilFEM powered by Marc
What is harmonic analysis? Harmonic analysis is a technique to determine the steady state response of a structure to sinusoidal (harmonic) loads of known frequency.
FEM Software Input:
- Harmonic loads (forces, pressures, and imposed displacements) of known magnitude and frequency.
- May be multiple loads all at the same frequency. Forces and displacements can be in-phase or out-of phase. Surface and body loads can only be specified with a phase angle of zero.
FEM Software Output:
- Harmonic displacements at each DOF, usually out of phase with the applied loads.
- Other derived quantities, such as stresses and strains.
Harmonic analysis is used in the design of:
- Supports, fixtures, and components of rotating equipment such as compressors, engines, pumps, and turbomachinery.
- Structures subjected to vortex shedding (swirling motion of fluids) such as turbine blades, airplane wings, bridges, and towers.
Students of this course will learn fundamentals of dynamic analysis, how to perform a harmonic analysis of different structures using an advanced Finite Element Method software such as CivilFEM powered by Marc.
- Base text: Specially created for the training program.
- Software: Students of this course will have access to the student version of the FEM software CivilFEM powered by Marc to perform the exercises proposed.
- Forums: Where the students have the chance to interact and consult with each other and the tutors
Specific Knowledge or Skill Obtained
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Dynamic equation of motion: the basics of Dynamic Analysis by considering a Single Degree of Freedom (SDOF) problem.
- Introduction to a Finite Element Method software applied to dynamic analysis: CivilFEM powered by Marc.
- Harmonic analysis of structures using CivilFEM powered by Marc.
Certificate of Completion
You will obtain a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 20 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.