Price: 250 $
Credit: 14 PDH
In Dynamic analysis using CivilFEM powered by Marc: Transient analysis, you’ll learn …
- Fundamentals of dynamic analysis.
- Practical application of the Finite Element Method to Dynamic analysis.
- CivilFEM powered by Marc GUI applied to dynamic analysis.
- Linear and Nonlinear Transient analysis using CivilFEM powered by Marc.
- Practical exercise: Complete guided exercise – Transient analysis of a workbench table subjected to a transient vertical moving load using CivilFEM powered by Marc
What is transient dynamic analysis? A transient analysis is a technique to determine the response of a structure to arbitrary time-varying loads such as an explosion.
FEM software Input: Loads as a function of time.
FEM software Output: Time-varying displacements and other derived quantities such as stresses and strains.
Transient dynamic analysis is used in the design of:
- Structures subjected to shock loads, such as automobile doors and bumpers, building frames, and suspension systems.
- Structures subjected to time-varying loads, such as bridges, earth moving equipment, and other machine components.
- Household and office equipment subjected to “bumps and bruises,” such as cellular phones, laptop computers, and vacuum cleaners.
Students of this course will learn fundamentals of dynamic analysis, how to perform a linear and nonlinear transient analysis of different structures using an advanced Finite Element Method software such as CivilFEM powered by Marc.
- Base text: Specially created for the training program.
- Software: Students of this course will have access to the student version of the FEM software CivilFEM powered by Marc to perform the exercises proposed.
- Forums: Where the students have the chance to interact and consult with each other and the tutors
Specific Knowledge or Skill Obtained
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Dynamic equation of motion: the basics of Dynamic Analysis by considering a Single Degree of Freedom (SDOF) problem.
- Introduction to a Finite Element Method software applied to dynamic analysis: CivilFEM powered by Marc.
- Linear and nonlinear transient analysis of structures using CivilFEM powered by Marc.
Certificate of Completion
You will obtain a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 20 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.