Price: 250 $
Credit: 14 PDH
In Nonlinear analysis using CivilFEM powered by Marc: Material nonlinearity, you’ll learn …
- Fundamentals of nonlinear analysis.
- Practical application of the Finite Element Method to Nonlinear analysis.
- CivilFEM powered by Marc GUI applied to nonlinear analysis.
- Material nonlinearity: Material nonlinearity problems using CivilFEM powered by Marc.
- Practical exercise: Complete guided exercise - FEM Truss Plastic Analysis using CivilFEM powered by Marc
What is material nonlinear analysis? Is an analysis in which stress and strain relationship of a material law in a structure is not linear. The definition of this law is important when the stress in the some parts of the structure is higher than the yield strength that leads in the appearance of permanent deformation in some regions of the structure´s.
Students of this course will learn fundamentals of nonlinear analysis, numerical analysis of nonlinear problems how to perform a material nonlinear analysis and how to obtain convergence in the solution of different structures using advanced Finite Element Method software such as CivilFEM powered by Marc.
- Base text: Specially created for the training program.
- Software: Students of this course will have access to the student version of the FEM software CivilFEM powered by Marc to perform the exercises proposed.
- Forums: Where the students have the chance to interact and consult with each other and the tutors.
Specific Knowledge or Skill Obtained
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Some basics in nonlinear analysis: The basics of Nonlinear Analysis.
- Numerical Analysis of Nonlinear Problems: Nonlinear problems require incremental solution schemes and solved with iterations to ensure that equilibrium is satisfied at the end of each step and some numerical methods are explained concerning this concept.
- Material Nonlinearity: To include material nonlinearity is necessary whenever an structure overpasses the yield limit in any region of its dominion, also is applicable in hyperelastic material like rubbers used as expansion joints or shock absorbers in civil structures which behavior in the elastic region is not linear (the so called hyperelastic materials).
- Convergence Problems in a nonlinear problem mostly is not just about the convergence of the solution and it is an overall issue of model integrity and representation of reality and its achievement sometimes becomes a difficult objective. In these sections some important aspects that help in the procedure of obtaining the converged solution are stated using CivilFEM powered by Marc.
Certificate of Completion
You will obtain a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 20 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.